Coconut Lychee Smoothie For Immune Support
Looking for a light smoothie that’s perfect for an afternoon snack or brunch? This low-carb high-fiber coconut lychee smoothie is packed with protein, amazing fruit flavor, and electrolytes that’s good for you! The flavonoids and vitamins in the lychee fruit also strengthen your immune system and protect against disease. Best part? The recipe can also be used to make popsicles!
What You’ll Need:
- 5-7 pieces frozen lychee, pitted (you may use frozen lychee, simple rinse out the syrup it’s usually packed with and then freeze before use)
- Half a cup coconut water
- Half a cup silken tofu (or use plain yogurt)
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground flax seed
- Shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
Let’s Blend Up This Smoothie!
1. Take out the lychees from the freezer as you are preparing the other ingredients. It helps if the other ingredients are cold as well for a thicker smoothie that you’ll surely enjoy!
2. Simply place the silken tofu, lychees, coconut water, and flax seed in a blender or blending bullet.
3. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
4. Pour into a serving glass or drink straight away.
You may enjoy this as a pre-workout smoothie or add half to a full scoop of extra protein powder for a post work-out snack.
- Feel free to double the recipe to use the recipe as a meal replacement.
- Adding some protein powder would be great if you want to gain weight or bulk up.
- The protein in the silken tofu will help you keep full.
- Coconut water is better for you than most sports drinks.
Filed under: Smoothies for Immunity