Smoothie Diet Dessert Recipe
On a smoothie diet but missing some of your favorite desserts? Then this peaches and cream smoothie is perfect for you! This recipe can be served 3-ways: dessert/snack, a meal, or freeze in popsicle molds for a healthy frozen treat! The best part is that the flax seed, peaches and almond milk will provide you with endless energy during the day.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ cup frozen peaches (you can use fresh ones or canned ones, simply freeze them overnight or for at least 4 hours. Make sure to give canned ones a rinse prior to freezing to get rid of extra sugar)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- A dash of cinnamon powder
Let’s Blend Up a Peaches and Cream Smoothie!
- Prepare the ingredients needed. If the peaches have been frozen overnight, get them out of the freezer for about 10 minutes prior to making the smoothie to make them blending them easier for your machine.
2. Cut up the peaches into bite size pieces and place in your blending cup.
3. Add the flax seed, cinnamon, and milk. Blend everything together until very smooth.
4. Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and serve. This serves 2 as a snack or dessert and serves 1 as a meal replacement.
Cinnamon satisfies sweet cravings and can help curb appetite.
You may add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make this smoothie more filling and nourishing if using as a meal replacement.