Watermelon Kiwi Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies can vary from full on meals, snacks, to a refreshing beverage to be enjoyed. This recipe for watermelon cooler smoothie takes only 3 ingredients and is a great way to sneak in some extra fiber and water to those who are not a fan of veggies, fruits, and getting their full 8-glasses of h2o daily. The ingredients in watermelon are also great at fighting disease and keeping your body strong, fit and healthy.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup frozen watermelon
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional, just something to make this extra sweet)
- 1 – 1 ½ cup cucumber
- ¼ cup of water
- Sprig of mint for garnish
Let’s Make Some Refreshing Watermelon Smoothie!
- Gather all the ingredients for the recipe. You may de-seed the watermelon or let the seed remain. They will be crushed up once blended. Making sure that you’ve frozen the watermelon before use means that you don’t have to add ice to thicken up the smoothie, therefore the fruit flavor will be more concentrated.
2. Place everything in a blender and blend away. You may need to pulse the blender a few times to ensure the cucumber is all ground up and everything is well blended.
3. Pour into a serving glass.
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint or some watermelon slices. Makes 1 tall glass.
This is a great way to sneak in some veggies for kids because the watermelon completely masks the taste of the cucumber.
Filed under: Smoothies for Immunity